What Our Customers Can Do
Click here to view a list of COVID-19 Rider Etiquette tips for riding SEPTA
We also ask everyone to continue to follow good hygiene practices
- Cover coughs or sneezes with your elbow. Do not use your hands!
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Soap and water should be your primary source of washing. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Clean surfaces frequently, including countertops, light switches, cell phones, remotes, and other frequently touched items
If you believe you are experiencing symptoms see your personal physician. Physicians know how to determine if individuals meet the risk classifications for the virus and the required testing and assessment protocols.
WEARING A FACE MASK OR FACE COVERING WHEN RIDING SEPTA
New guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) advise wearing a simple cloth face covering, when out in public, to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Following this guidance, we urge all customers to wear a mask or other facial covering when traveling on SEPTA to protect customers and Operators. Surgical masks are being distributed to frontline Operations personnel as part of this effort. We are also working on providing other types of face coverings including cloth bandannas and neck gators to SEPTA employees who are working tirelessly to ensure that healthcare workers and essential personnel can get to their jobs safely. Please help do your part and comply with this request -- for your protection and the protection of others.
PRACTICE SAFE HYGIENE AND STOP THE SPREAD OF GERMS
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly - before and after riding
- Use hand sanitizer and limit touching surfaces
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wear a mask or other facial covering to help stop the spread